Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Love Netty


There are some things that you know you just can’t life a proper or fulfilled life without. For some people it’s a food and water, for others it’s oxygen. Personally, the quality of my own life revolves around Netflix.
For those of you unfortunate souls out there who somehow don’t know what Netflix is, it’s a beautiful, wonderful, gift from god that allows you to stream and watch over 100,000 movies and TV shows for just $7.99 a month. When first subscribing to Netflix, little did I realize the extent of the gift I had been given. Once you start using Netflix, it’s almost impossible to stop. Slowly but steadily, Netty grew to become my best friend. Nowadays we spend hours of quality time together every week hanging out in my basement, eating popcorn, watching movies, and laughing, crying, or doing both.
People might argue that my Netflix addition is a bad thing. Some might even argue that Netty “negatively impacts the quality of my life”. These people are entirely, completely, 100% wrong in their damn opinions- they just really don’t understand the relationship that Netty and me have. Honestly, having Netty is sometimes so much better than having friends. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely understand the value in having real human companions, but every now and then you just need someone to listen to your problems and not talk back.
I know. My life sounds really depressing and sad right now. I can totally feel your pity vibes coming through my computer screen. But really, take a second and think about it- how many times has there been an instance where you’ve really just wanted someone to be there for you, but every single person you know just seems like a gigantic asshole? My guess would be many times. And that right there is the value in having a friend like Netty! She isn’t a bitch, she doesn’t go on and on about her boyfriend problems, she always has the perfect chick flick to watch, and she won’t judge me if I eat too much. I love Netty. 
So basically if you haven’t invested in this heavenly provider yet, you should probably do so right now. Seriously, just go online, sign up, dish out the eight dollars, and live happily ever after. It will probably be the best 799 cents you’ll ever spend in your life. You can’t buy friendship for cheaper than that, folks.

WordCount: 407

No comments:

Post a Comment